Last year I decided to undertake a book challenge where I aimed to read a new book each week until the year’s end, meaning that if I were successful I would have read 52 new books. Unfortunately I only made it to 40, so this year I decided to cut 2016’s goal in half. For 2017 I’m aiming to read 26 books, a much more manageable goal!
I’m going to allow myself to read comics, graphic novels and children’s books as well, but as they don’t take as long to read I’m not going to list them below, but I will add them to the list as I read them.
I’ll update this post by striking a line through the books I’ve read e.g.
like this. It’ll give me more of an incentive to hurry up and get through them all.
Anyways, without further ado, here’s this year’s list of novels:
The Princess Diarist – Carrie Fisher
- The Monk – Matthew Lewis
- Heart of Darkness – Joseph Conrad
- Moby Dick – Herman Melville
- Love in the Time of Cholera – Gabriel García Márquez
- Cat’s Eye – Margaret Atwood
- Misery – Stephen King
- The Picture of Dorian Grey – Oscar Wilde
- American Gods – Neil Gaiman
- The Diary of Anne Frank
- Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn
- Bridget Jone’s Diary – Helen Fielding
- 1984 – George Orwell
- Mythology – Edith Hamilton
- The Odyssey – Homer
- Heart Jewel – Gyatso
- Horror in the East – Lawrence Rees
- Heart Shaped Box – Joe Hill
- Good Omens – Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman
Dracula – Bram Stoker
- The Book Thief – Markus Zusak
- Lolita – Vladimir Nabakov
- The Tain – Thomas Kinsella
The Princess Bride – William Goldman
- Lady Chetterley’s Lover – D.H. Lawrence
- Anne of Green Gables – Lucy Maud Montgomery
As always, if you guys have any good book suggestions you can throw them my way. I have a gigantic pile of books at home to get through, but I’m always adding to my collection. Thankfully my ‘read’ shelf is finally starting to get as big as my ‘to read’ shelf.
Until next time!